Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

"Thwee"

Wednesday, July 21, 2010


"Thwee"

Every single day for the last couple of weeks, my son has approached me about that little word...he comes to me talking about "thwee" as he holds three adorable fingers up on his right hand.  He goes on and on about the specifics of "thwee", and all of the plans he has.

You are probably wondering what he is talking about...especially considering he is already four, so he cannot be talking about a birthday, or an age.

He's talking about kids.  He has decided, along with Natalie, that we need to have "thwee more childrens".  He knows exactly what he wants..."two boys and a gowl" he says.  He wants the boys to share a room, and for the girls to share a room.  He wants us all to eat together as a family, and play together as a family.  He has thought long and hard about it.  I know this because he has lots of the details worked out in that precious little mind of his.

Just yesterday, I was sitting reading and he came in and crawled up next to me on the couch.  After sitting there for a minute, he began by telling me we would need to put together the baby bed that is out in the storage shed.  After all, "the new childrens would need a place to sleep."  Then, he went on to explain the types of car-seats we would need to have for the kids, because they would need to be buckled in safely.  The whole time he was talking, he was so serious, yet so excited to share all of this with me.

I couldn't help it.  I had to ask him where we were going to get these children, because he knows that I can't physically have any more kids.  He is just positive that God will give us these three babies.  Levi says that right now they are in Heaven, but God is going to give them to us to live with us and be in our family. 

I could weep!  These words are precious coming from a sweet four-year-old boy, who apparently wants to be a big brother.  His heart is so open to welcoming "thwee childrens" into our home.  I love that he wants to share his hope with me...and I love that he is into the details.  I love that even though I cannot have any more babies, that he makes me long for more children too.

 I have no idea what God has in store for our family.  His plan may or may not include more children, but listening to Levi dream makes my heart smile!  Who knows, maybe someday when Levi has a family of his own, the Lord will bless him with "thwee childrens"..."two boys and one gowl!" 
posted by Anne, 6:45 PM

1 Comments:

So very precious..
Blogger Sarah, at 9:54 PM  

Add a comment