Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Over a month...really?
Monday, January 11, 2010
I know, I know. All of you faithful readers (all four of you!) are wondering why it has been so long since I updated this little blog. Honestly, it hasn't been for a lack of blogging material. With Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, there is plenty I could share. Everything from the homemade crafty gifts I made, and they were super cute if I must say so myself, to the fun family times we have had...all excellent bloggy material. I have just been more focused on hanging with the kids, and spending time with Nathaniel instead of writing here. I am hopeful I will do better in 2010...better at lots of things!
I am sitting here typing, reading a counting book with Levi, waiting for the UPS man, pondering my meal plan for the week, thinking that my house sure is dirty, and wondering how I will tackle everything on my to-do list (including cleaning the dirty house!)! I need to take out the trash, clean out the closet, prepare my items for the children's consignment sale, research a special project I am diving into this fall (No, I'm not telling...it's still a secret!), prepare my supplies for teaching Pre-K tomorrow, and clean out the car. I need to finish unpacking from our 24 hour trip to Dallas this last weekend, work on the laundry (three baskets full that need to be put away, not to mention the dirty that needs to be washed!). I want to work on my home management binder, prepare some spreadsheets for our 2010 budget, balance the checkbook (YIKES! There is too much month left, and not enough money!), cut Levi's hair, and decide whether we will purchase or make Valentines Cards this year. I have been up since 4:30, and yes, that is A.M. Today begins my SIXTH six-week Fit Camp...I am a five time graduate. I need to scrub the toilets, clean out my purse that currently weighs 30+ pounds because it is full of so much stuff, unload the dishwasher, re-load the dishwasher, and goodness this list could go on and on and on and on. When I think about all that is before me, I cannot help but feel overwhelmed.
I am sure there are some of you out there who feel just as overwhelmed as I do, especially when we really sit down and make a list of the things we need/want to accomplish. BUT, we can't do it all. At least not today! :)
So today, I will finish that counting book with Levi, give him all the hugs and kisses he can stand, go and pick up Natalie from school and listen as she shares all about her day, enjoy watching Natalie in her element...horseback riding...and then fix dinner and enjoy sitting around the table with my family, eating good food, and reading a little from God's Word while we are all together.
I think the other things on my list can wait!
I am sitting here typing, reading a counting book with Levi, waiting for the UPS man, pondering my meal plan for the week, thinking that my house sure is dirty, and wondering how I will tackle everything on my to-do list (including cleaning the dirty house!)! I need to take out the trash, clean out the closet, prepare my items for the children's consignment sale, research a special project I am diving into this fall (No, I'm not telling...it's still a secret!), prepare my supplies for teaching Pre-K tomorrow, and clean out the car. I need to finish unpacking from our 24 hour trip to Dallas this last weekend, work on the laundry (three baskets full that need to be put away, not to mention the dirty that needs to be washed!). I want to work on my home management binder, prepare some spreadsheets for our 2010 budget, balance the checkbook (YIKES! There is too much month left, and not enough money!), cut Levi's hair, and decide whether we will purchase or make Valentines Cards this year. I have been up since 4:30, and yes, that is A.M. Today begins my SIXTH six-week Fit Camp...I am a five time graduate. I need to scrub the toilets, clean out my purse that currently weighs 30+ pounds because it is full of so much stuff, unload the dishwasher, re-load the dishwasher, and goodness this list could go on and on and on and on. When I think about all that is before me, I cannot help but feel overwhelmed.
I am sure there are some of you out there who feel just as overwhelmed as I do, especially when we really sit down and make a list of the things we need/want to accomplish. BUT, we can't do it all. At least not today! :)
So today, I will finish that counting book with Levi, give him all the hugs and kisses he can stand, go and pick up Natalie from school and listen as she shares all about her day, enjoy watching Natalie in her element...horseback riding...and then fix dinner and enjoy sitting around the table with my family, eating good food, and reading a little from God's Word while we are all together.
I think the other things on my list can wait!
3 Comments:
Well, of course I'm curious about your special project -- will you ever tell? Congrats on your boot camp. That is... twenty-five weeks of boot camp you have done! WOW! Go you! I wonder how many push-ups TOTAL that is?
I'm curious about your home management binder. Can you tell us about it?
I'm curious about your home management binder. Can you tell us about it?
I bought an apron today that says "Either I can look good or the house can." I'm going to wear it and ignore the house.
Amen!!! I have missed you!! :) See you soon though :)
