Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Saturday's Gratitude
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Saturday, November 21 - Today I am thankful for the hour that I had at home alone. It doesn't happen very often, these moments when I am home and no one else is around. Even the times when I am without the children, it is typically because I have left them at home with Nathaniel and am out running errands or grocery shopping. Today, though, I had a whole hour alone in my own home. I spent the time putting up the Christmas tree in the dining room...the one that will be our Jesse tree this year (we LOVE our tradition of the Jesse tree, and I think this marks the 5th year we have been doing it!). Then I did something I rarely do...I sat on the couch and enjoyed the silence. It is funny because before Nathaniel was leaving to take the kids to the park, he started to turn on some music for me, and was shocked when I asked him not to. I simply wanted some moments of silence, without anyone calling my name needing something, or as my sweet daughter likes to do, talking just for the sake of talking. Don't get me wrong, I love my children dearly, and I love being with them, but from time to time it is so nice to have a moment alone. It was glorious, those minutes of silence, and for them I am so thankful.
Is anyone else out there making their list of things you are thankful for? I haven't heard from anyone else!
Is anyone else out there making their list of things you are thankful for? I haven't heard from anyone else!