Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Trusting Him **Edited**
Sunday, March 01, 2009
**Edited**
Apparently I am not the only one thinking about the "big stuff" we trust God with, and the "little stuff". Just this morning I read this post from Angie, and she put it into words so much more eloquently than I did. Check it out here...you will be glad you did!
So I have been thinking about trust lately. Trusting other people, trusting friends...trusting God. Sometimes, being on this earth and having to live in this world just stinks. Sorry, but it's true. We think we can trust those around us. We have even taken precautions, guarding our hearts, and slowly given out our trust only to those we really think we can. And then it happens...that trust is broken. And we walk away wondering if we can ever trust someone again. We walk away wounded; hurt. It happens to all of us at some time or another.
And then I was thinking about how we trust different people with different parts of our heart. We trust our spouse with our hearts. We have friends that we trust with pieces of our heart. Some friends, we can share our hopes and dreams with, other friends we trust to share problems and concerns with, and yet other friends that we can share struggles with, and know they will lift us up in prayer. We kind of 'pick-and-choose' so to speak, with whom we will share our trust. Sometimes, we pick the wrong people and it comes back to bite us, and other times, having those trustworthy relationships is counted a blessing in our lives.
And then I was thinking some more about my trust in the Lord. I know that I trust Him with the BIG things...I trust Him when He says I have hope of a future in Heaven. I trust Him completely and take Him at His word when He says I will live forever with Him, for all of eternity. BUT, do I trust Him with my life...my life right now, today? Do I trust Him to provide for my physical needs...food, shelter? Do I trust Him that He will provide for me and my family, and that I should not worry? Do I trust that He forgives me when I do wrong, and that He freely extends His grace to me? Honestly, I think my answer would have to be sometimes. There are times when I think I am living with that trust for TODAY, and there are many times that I am all for believing in the big picture, but I have doubts that He is really walking with me TODAY.
It breaks my heart to think that I don't have that trust for the day. I hate that I doubt His concern of my day-to-day-stay-home-mom-ness. I am seeking it, I am striving to live it, but some days, I just don't get it. I am working on it, and He and I, we are getting there, one step at a time.
What about you? Do you trust for life today? Do you trust for the big picture stuff? I am going to be praying for myself and for you, that we will all find that trust, that we will all feel the security that comes from believing in and worshiping a God who is concerned with us daily...minute by minute. He LONGS to hold that place in our heart...that ultimate place of trust and comfort. He will not let us down, if only we will let Him in!
So as I pray for me and for you, here is my prayer:
"Lord, let us trust You for TODAY, and let us trust You for ETERNITY. Amen."
Apparently I am not the only one thinking about the "big stuff" we trust God with, and the "little stuff". Just this morning I read this post from Angie, and she put it into words so much more eloquently than I did. Check it out here...you will be glad you did!
So I have been thinking about trust lately. Trusting other people, trusting friends...trusting God. Sometimes, being on this earth and having to live in this world just stinks. Sorry, but it's true. We think we can trust those around us. We have even taken precautions, guarding our hearts, and slowly given out our trust only to those we really think we can. And then it happens...that trust is broken. And we walk away wondering if we can ever trust someone again. We walk away wounded; hurt. It happens to all of us at some time or another.
And then I was thinking about how we trust different people with different parts of our heart. We trust our spouse with our hearts. We have friends that we trust with pieces of our heart. Some friends, we can share our hopes and dreams with, other friends we trust to share problems and concerns with, and yet other friends that we can share struggles with, and know they will lift us up in prayer. We kind of 'pick-and-choose' so to speak, with whom we will share our trust. Sometimes, we pick the wrong people and it comes back to bite us, and other times, having those trustworthy relationships is counted a blessing in our lives.
And then I was thinking some more about my trust in the Lord. I know that I trust Him with the BIG things...I trust Him when He says I have hope of a future in Heaven. I trust Him completely and take Him at His word when He says I will live forever with Him, for all of eternity. BUT, do I trust Him with my life...my life right now, today? Do I trust Him to provide for my physical needs...food, shelter? Do I trust Him that He will provide for me and my family, and that I should not worry? Do I trust that He forgives me when I do wrong, and that He freely extends His grace to me? Honestly, I think my answer would have to be sometimes. There are times when I think I am living with that trust for TODAY, and there are many times that I am all for believing in the big picture, but I have doubts that He is really walking with me TODAY.
It breaks my heart to think that I don't have that trust for the day. I hate that I doubt His concern of my day-to-day-stay-home-mom-ness. I am seeking it, I am striving to live it, but some days, I just don't get it. I am working on it, and He and I, we are getting there, one step at a time.
What about you? Do you trust for life today? Do you trust for the big picture stuff? I am going to be praying for myself and for you, that we will all find that trust, that we will all feel the security that comes from believing in and worshiping a God who is concerned with us daily...minute by minute. He LONGS to hold that place in our heart...that ultimate place of trust and comfort. He will not let us down, if only we will let Him in!
So as I pray for me and for you, here is my prayer:
"Lord, let us trust You for TODAY, and let us trust You for ETERNITY. Amen."
1 Comments:
LOL! I TOTALLY know what you mean Anne! I'm always telling my husband what this or that blogging friend is up to. I think I actually know some of them better than people I know in real life...lol!
Well, thank the Lord, Marty's computer is still working and I'm going to start saving now for a new computer, just in case our income tax refund for next year has to go towards car repairs or property taxes...lol!
Well, thank the Lord, Marty's computer is still working and I'm going to start saving now for a new computer, just in case our income tax refund for next year has to go towards car repairs or property taxes...lol!
