Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

Two Weeks In

Friday, August 29, 2008


We are two weeks into Natalie's Kindergarten year and all is well. She is excited to go to school each morning, and is exhausted each afternoon when I pick her up! To me, that sounds like a win-win situation!

We are getting really good at laying out her uniforms the night before, and also making sure that she has both her snack as well as her lunch packed and ready to go. We wait until the morning to throw in her drink, and Nathaniel makes her special sandwich each morning, but otherwise, we try to have the lunch-sack packed! I will be honest and admit that packing a lunch each day is perhaps my least favorite school-time chore! I am not sure why, but I would rather iron her uniforms than pack her lunch! Of course I do it anyway, and some days I even throw a little love note in there for her to find, but so far it isn't move up on my list of fun :)

Next week Levi goes back to Mother's Day Out and he can't wait. I am not sure he understands that his teachers will be different from last year, but it is good to know that many of his friends are returning as well, so he will have plenty of familiar faces!

I am gearing up for the fall DFK consignment sale. Lots to do, and not much time! I have plenty of laundry and hanging and tagging to keep me busy for the next few weeks! Let's pray I get it all done...the more clothing I sell, the more money I make...hello Christmas money! :)

I hope you are all having a blessed back-to-school season! I am ready for some cooler weather and falling leaves! I cannot wait to break out all of my holiday decor in our new home. It will all feel new in the new place! Such fun times are ahead!

Blessings to you!
posted by Anne, 2:03 PM

7 Comments:

I have to agree on the packing a lunch! That is my least favorite thing but I still do it every morning for my hubby and daughter, both who are old enough to do it themselves, but I just feel like I need to do it.

And also like you, I tuck the occasional love note inside. Those days they both tend to come home with smiles on their faces!!!

God Bless you!
Blogger Lolosblog, at 3:26 PM  
I would like to go on record as saying I do NOT pack my children's lunches: they do. I USED to make the sandwich for them, but won't even do that anymore. I do lots of supervising. However, since my husband will eat a lunch someone else has made, but if left to it himself will spend money buying a lunch, I do make his lunch. For selfish reasons, of course!
Blogger Sarah, at 4:28 PM  
I don't like packing a lunch, either, but tucking treats and notes inside make it a little sweeter, even on my end. :) Especially now that Little B can read--he gets really good notes and even verses.
Blogger ~cjoy, at 5:09 PM  
Why does it seem like such a chore?! I don't like it either.... I'm with Sarah - my son fixes his own and I still fix Abbie's. I also like to make sure Jim has something so he won't eat out.

Of course, I eat out.
Blogger AbbieCRAZY, at 9:39 AM  
When our girls were young I used to make them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the whole week. PB & J sandwiches freeze beautifully!
Blogger Susan, at 7:18 PM  
I dont like packing lunches either, especially now that I have to do three of them! I am glad I am not alone in this chore... Glad Natalie is doing so good in K!!
Blogger Shelley, at 6:02 PM  
Anne,

Our version of "back-to-school" this year involved a six-hour road trip to Lubbock to drop Justin off at Lubbock Christian University for his Freshman year. Can you believe it?

I'd love to be able to send him off in the morning with a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, but those days are only memories any more.

Susan and I are so proud of him, though, and are excited about watching him experience the college years.

God bless you and your sweet family!

Paul
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

Add a comment