Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

Check. Check. Check.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008


There is something so wonderful about checking things off of my to-do list. I love making the list as much as I enjoy completing it, though! Strange, I know. Anyway, I have had a to-do list going as we near the beginning of the school year. For the first time, our home is preparing for more than the beginning of Mother's Day Out 'school'...we are preparing for the real deal! My Natalie is starting Kindergarten!

I am so excited for her, and she is absolutely ready. Nathaniel and I have spent much time doing research and talking about the children's schooling. Where do we want them to go? Where do we feel God's leading in this?

Thankfully, we feel that God has led us exactly where He wants us to be! Check! Natalie will be attending a classical academy, she will be taught based on the trivium, and she will learn EVERY day that God is a part of EVERYTHING...even school subjects like math and language arts! She will be taught by wonderful Christians, and she will be challenged academically. To say we are thrilled is a huge understatement!

That said, I have had a to-do list including the usual things...pencils, paper, scissors, kleenex...but it has also included other things like ordering Natalie's school uniforms and making sure she has shoes that are dress code. It is all exciting!

Now it is the first week of August, and I have many of the items checked off on the list. The school supplies are purchased, the uniforms are hanging in the closet, the hairbows in the uniform colors are ready to wear, the shoes are still in the box in hopes of at least ONE day without scuffs...check, check, check.

This last weekend I was able to check off a few more items...the napmats are purchased and monogrammed, the lunch boxes are ready to go, and the adorable backpacks complete with the kids' names are ready for wear! Check, check, check!

How about you...how is your to-do list shaping up? Are you finished...half way there...have you even made the list?

I'm off to check off some more things like dishes, laundry, and painting the guest bathroom! Happy list-making!
posted by Anne, 1:18 PM

7 Comments:

Girl I have 4 to do lists. One for each job and a personal list. I've done nothing all day but workon them. My kids were really hoping for the pool, but all they got were to do lists.
Blogger Holly, at 4:30 PM  
We are SO alike! I love to CHECK! I called the monogrammer today for the girls' backpacks and have their school clothes done. Our town has a new program called "Hope for Kids" that is giving school supplies to ALL children on Aug. 16... so I guess I can check that off, too. Way to go. Natalie's school sounds great :) Cant wait to hear more about it... Have a great week!
Blogger Shelley, at 7:25 PM  
I'm such a check list gal that when I do something that I forgot to place on my list, I put it on there...THEN check it off!

Natalie's going to love school. Can't wait to hear about it.
Blogger Susan, at 7:28 PM  
Thanks for coming by my blog...and sorry I'm a slow responder. It's been a busy summer for us.

I know all about those checklists. Indeed, like Susan, I add things to the list that were forgotten so they can be checked off, too...even at the grocery store ("Oh--I needed bananas...better put that on so I can check it off!").
Blogger ~cjoy, at 10:25 AM  
If you get done with your check list, and are searching for more things to check off, can you help me with mine? LOL
Blogger The Walters' Family, at 4:37 PM  
I'm still waiting for house pictures!!!!! =) I guess I may just have to come knock on your door!
Blogger Anna, at 5:19 PM  
That's just too much organization for me..... But, I'm excited for Natalie! Do yall start on the same day as AISD? Be sure to post a first day pic
Blogger AbbieCRAZY, at 10:45 AM  

Add a comment