Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

Profound - I Know *With edit*

Thursday, June 05, 2008


I am in the middle of a HUGE project. Some might call it spring cleaning, some might call it crazy, but I call it hard working fun! I am going through everything...and I do mean EvErYtHiNg!! I am cleaning out every cabinet-drawer-closet-stuff holder in my house. There is something cleansing about this kind of cleaning out. I love the feeling I get when things are freshly sorted, and all of the junk has been disposed of. Knowing I am not working-cleaning-living around things that I don't want-love-need is especially wonderful. Not to say that I still don't have my fair share of pack-rat-stuff...I definitely do. I am trying really hard to keep it under control though :)

I know you are asking yourself what is so profound about this. Well you see, here is the profound part. "When cleaning out/organizing, quality trash bags are key!"

Folks, don't be led astray. It is SO WORTH the extra money to buy good trash bags, especially when cleaning out and throwing large quantities of stuff away. Knowing I will make it all the way to the dumpster with my 'bag-o-trash' brings me a smile, and knowing that I won't be re-packing a new trash bag with everything that has fallen out of the first ripped up/torn up/blown out the bottom one makes me smile even bigger!

Profound - I Know!



**Edit**

Five minutes is all it takes for a child to find something they aren't supposed to touch, and touch it! Actually, five seconds is more like it, but here is a snapshot of the last five minutes here at the House of Jones:

I walked into the bathroom to find Natalie with her face covered on shaving cream, and she was shaving "just like Daddy does". I repeat, she was shaving her FACE!!

She runs out after I talk to her about it, and I hear her scream. I follow the sound of the screams to find that Levi has opted to 'help' me clean the toilet in the other bathroom. He neglected to notice that Natalie had forgotten to flush (and I don't mean #1 here people)! So yes, it was everywhere...and the smell was terrible!

Not five seconds later, I hear another scream, and find that Levi wanted to wipe his nose after crying when I got onto him for playing in the toilet with the toilet brush. Did you know that when you are two, you need HALF A ROLL of toilet paper to wipe your TINY little nose?

I get it all cleaned up to walk into the breakfast area where Levi has spilled and entire box of paper clips, and he is sweeping them under the rug so as to hide the evidence.

Ahhh...the joys of motherhood. You can laugh or you can cry...I am choosing to laugh. It prevents wrinkles you know :)
posted by Anne, 8:48 AM

3 Comments:

TESTIFY, sister! No doubt, the extra money is worth it. That was my job when I stayed home -- to find what was worth the money for name brand and what wasn't -- trash bags are definitely worth it. Actually, if the generic trash bag people would just make their bags as strong as the generic cereal people, we'd be in business!!

I'm guessing your cleaning frenzy means folks are feeling a little better at your house?
Blogger Sarah, at 9:46 AM  
Anne, I am so glad you are choosing to laugh! Life with a two year old is wonderful! I am so glad to see that others perfect little ones are as perfect as my Mattie May.

Love you, and keep laughing. I think it burns calories!
Blogger Lolosblog, at 2:12 PM  
Do you think you could come over to my house when you are finished at your house... I will even buy the expensive trash bags for you!
Blogger Shelley, at 7:39 AM  

Add a comment