Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

Your thoughts?

Friday, May 30, 2008


I came across this quote in my reading, and wanted to post it here to see what your thoughts are.

"When God is excluded from the classroom, we are not merely remaining silent about God. We are teaching children that they may safely disregard Him. Whether or not God exists, the lesson goes, His existence is irrelevant to what we are doing here. So when God is omitted, we are not silent about Him; rather we are teaching the children in the most convincing way possible that God is irrelevant. They can safely omit Him when it is convenient to do so."

--Douglas Wilson
Excused Absence



I know what my thoughts are on this, but am curious what you think?
posted by Anne, 8:32 AM

1 Comments:

I believe the quote pegs it accurately. It's one of the reasons I've lost faith in public schooling. Not that public schooling is necessarily "bad", but that it's no longer "good" (if it ever was). No matter how many reliable, trustworthy, good people you have in your local school system, the system itself is still based on a horribly broken foundation that is at odds with the Christian mindset. Douglas Wilson highlights one of those broken fundamentals: silence about God violates Biblical principles concerning child-raising.
Blogger Kent West, at 3:41 PM  

Add a comment