Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

Mother's Day *Edited*

Sunday, May 11, 2008


It's here...Mother's Day 2008. I am so thankful to my mother for all that she has been for me! I know I was a challenge, but don't worry, I am paying for my raising :) Thanks Mom, I love you!

I am also so very thankful for my four children...they make me Mommy! Today I will celebrate with Natalie and Levi, loving on them all day long! My list of 'thankful's" for them is just too long. And I will think much about Hope and Carson, and how wonderful it will be when I see them again, too. It will feel like Mother's Day all over again for me!

Blessings on this Mother's Day!

**EDITED**

This afternoon, we were planning to relax, mow the yard, do some work around the house...you know, typical Sunday afternoon stuff. Nathaniel decided to take the kids to his parents for a bit to deliver his mom's gift and allow me a little Mother's Day Afternoon Nap. I, of course, was thrilled! I was enjoying the peace and quiet, and had fallen asleep, but was awakened to the sounds of crying and talk of 'blood'. What in the world was going on in the other room?!? I hopped up to go see what was happening, and found Natalie and Nathaniel in the kitchen, complete with blood-soaked napkins wrapped around Natalie's hand.

Apparently Natalie had closed her hand in the car door when they had arrived home...the door had completely shut on her left thumb, and she had to pull the door latch to open the door in order to get her thumb out. OUCH! It must have been wedged in there pretty good because there is a scratch in the paint on the inside of the door where her hand was stuck and she was trying to get it out! Bless her heart, she was in shock, and crying, and the sight of the thumb was pretty scary! She was being a trooper, but it was obvious that she was in some extreme pain. The thumb was swelling like crazy, and looked a bit crooked, so we decided that a Mother's Day trip to the Minor Emergency Clinic was in order.

Off we went, she and I. They immediately got us some new gauze. Then she waited in the waiting room with me while they processed the paperwork and she could be seen by the doctor. The doctor surveyed the wound, and decided to take a couple of x-rays to make sure the thumb was not broken. Thankfully, it was not, and we were bandaged up and on our way back home in no time. Natalie requested a Sonic treat to reward her bravery, and of course, I said yes! She deserved it, she was such a brave girl!

Here is a picture of my brave one and her HUGE thumb:


She is a little concerned about being in her Mother's Day Out program, but we have assured her that it will be fine. I think she fears that the other kids will tease her. Poor thing!

So pray for sweet Natalie. She is still in some pain, and I am afraid the next couple of days might be just as bad. I am supposed to call and talk to our Pediatrician tomorrow, and then follow up on Wednesday at the minor emergency clinic.

Through all of this, I was reminded that being a mom is my calling; my passion. It is the one job that I want more than any other...the one thing I feel like I was made to do. I may not always be the best, and I know I make lots of mistakes, but one thing is for sure: I would do anything for my kids! Anything! The Lord has blessed me so much with my children, we went through many trials before we were able to have them, and I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything in the world, so Happy Mother's Day!
posted by Anne, 6:56 AM

4 Comments:

OH NO!! OH NO!! Poor sweet Natalie! My heart hurts to read about her accident. Get well soon. It sounds like it is much more than a bandaid can fix - good thing she has a good mommy! Glad the x-rays look ok.
Blogger Proud Parents, at 9:16 PM  
Poor Baby! That sounds horrible. Church was great. We loved every minute of it. Sorry I didnt get to see you "in person"... only from the stage! We headed out as soon as services were over to get checked out of the hotel in time. Happy Mother's Day!
Blogger Shelley, at 8:58 AM  
OUCH! She was brave - I think I would have passed out. I hope it heals soon - and perfect.
Blogger Melissa, at 9:10 AM  
Owwwww! That sounds so painful!
Blogger Whitney, at 7:23 PM  

Add a comment