Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Fresh Perspective
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
So there has been something that has been pretty heavy on my heart for quite a few months now, and today I have found some fresh perspective.
Have you ever had a dream, a passion, something that you wanted to do for Jesus that wasn't working out? A desire of your heart? And did you ever wonder why? Yeah, me too. It's this dream that I have had since sometime in college; that thing that I have wanted to do. It is the way I wanted to work for Jesus, dare I say it is still a big part of my dreams of working for the Lord. I tried, and it flopped. Harmony in Hymn was started, but was it ever really? To speak and lead worship is the dream...but the reality? Truth be told, I have kept it hidden, this deep disappointment that I have felt. I didn't want to be viewed as someone on the pity-party-train. I didn't want others to think I was having the poor-me's.
Today I was reading another blog which included a scripture that hit me smack-dab between the eyes. No, it's not new, it just meant something more to me today. In Psalms 37:
Have you ever had a dream, a passion, something that you wanted to do for Jesus that wasn't working out? A desire of your heart? And did you ever wonder why? Yeah, me too. It's this dream that I have had since sometime in college; that thing that I have wanted to do. It is the way I wanted to work for Jesus, dare I say it is still a big part of my dreams of working for the Lord. I tried, and it flopped. Harmony in Hymn was started, but was it ever really? To speak and lead worship is the dream...but the reality? Truth be told, I have kept it hidden, this deep disappointment that I have felt. I didn't want to be viewed as someone on the pity-party-train. I didn't want others to think I was having the poor-me's.
Today I was reading another blog which included a scripture that hit me smack-dab between the eyes. No, it's not new, it just meant something more to me today. In Psalms 37:
"Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart."
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart."
For some time I have felt as though maybe I was chasing the wrong dream. Today, I know it is a desire that the Lord put upon my heart. He knows the desires of my heart...and He cares! Like water for a thirsty soul, those words brought a new found hope for me. I will hold fast to this scripture with a new understanding. I will continue to follow Him, and He will lead me where He wants me to go. He knows the number of hairs upon my head and He knows my heart! He knows my desires for Harmony WITH Him, and for Harmony in Hymn.
What about you? Is there something you have longed for, but lost hope? Cling to Psalm 37 and be renewed. Delight in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart!
What about you? Is there something you have longed for, but lost hope? Cling to Psalm 37 and be renewed. Delight in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart!
2 Comments:
I thought about your "Contentment" post during the lesson tonight at church. Something I definitely struggle with as I think most people do b/c we're human. You always have such good, thought provoking posts and it's comforting to know we can always find the answer in God's word.
Wonder if we saw the same blog -- one lady today mentioned that she wrote 'the desires of her heart' next to that verse in her Bible through the years -- and it has become a lengthy testimony to God giving her just that.
God has given me MUCH of the desire of my heart and looking back, I know that I wasn't always as ready as I thought I was to receive it and, in turn, have it bring glory to Him. I'm thankful it has all been on His time table. And I have so many more... and I can't wait to see how He will bless me with them!
God has given me MUCH of the desire of my heart and looking back, I know that I wasn't always as ready as I thought I was to receive it and, in turn, have it bring glory to Him. I'm thankful it has all been on His time table. And I have so many more... and I can't wait to see how He will bless me with them!
