Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Contentment
Monday, April 14, 2008
I am seeking contentment in many areas of my life...
...contentment with how much stuff I have
...contentment with the car I drive
...contentment with the clothes I wear
...contentment with how much money I have (or don't have)
...contentment with the home I have
...contentment with my place in the world
It's not easy when the world bombards us with visions of more, and lies to us telling us that more equals better and happier. I know it's not true...the Bible tells me so. But still, I get caught up with the rat race that is life on this earth, life this side of Heaven.
I want to do better for me. I want contentment for me. I want to do better for my children. How can they learn contentment if it is not modeled for them?
I am praying for contentment for myself, my family, and many of you. I want contentment for you, too. I want you to be happy and full. Happy and full of the right things!
What about you? Which race are you running? The rat race, or the race towards Heaven? Who rules your thoughts, your intentions, your world? God, or money/stuff?
...contentment with how much stuff I have
...contentment with the car I drive
...contentment with the clothes I wear
...contentment with how much money I have (or don't have)
...contentment with the home I have
...contentment with my place in the world
It's not easy when the world bombards us with visions of more, and lies to us telling us that more equals better and happier. I know it's not true...the Bible tells me so. But still, I get caught up with the rat race that is life on this earth, life this side of Heaven.
I want to do better for me. I want contentment for me. I want to do better for my children. How can they learn contentment if it is not modeled for them?
I am praying for contentment for myself, my family, and many of you. I want contentment for you, too. I want you to be happy and full. Happy and full of the right things!
What about you? Which race are you running? The rat race, or the race towards Heaven? Who rules your thoughts, your intentions, your world? God, or money/stuff?
3 Comments:
I must admit, I struggle with that too. I tell myself that I'm content with the things/clothes/etc., that I have and yet, I still see things I WANT. Thanks for the reminder that others struggle with this too.
I think we all struggle with contentment. Thanks you for sharing your thoughts. I pray that I will work on my contentment day, this week, and month. Take care!
Anne,
That the one thing that I have been working on the most these past couple of years, so I can totally relate to your struggle. Other than prayer, the main thing that has helped me was some advice given to me by a friend. She said that every time discontentment or ungodly feelings would creep up on her she would immediately stop the thought and say a prayer of thankfulness. It really helps to count your blessings.
That the one thing that I have been working on the most these past couple of years, so I can totally relate to your struggle. Other than prayer, the main thing that has helped me was some advice given to me by a friend. She said that every time discontentment or ungodly feelings would creep up on her she would immediately stop the thought and say a prayer of thankfulness. It really helps to count your blessings.
