Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

More Menu Planning

Monday, March 10, 2008


Back by popular demand, I am posting my menu plan for the week. Obviously things could change at any time, but this is the plan I am trying to adhere to...for my sanity and for budget reasons! :)

Monday: Lemon Pepper Chicken with Steamed Veggies (We didn't get to this one last week.)

Tuesday: Homemade Pizza Rolls - this is an easy freezer recipe I found that I want to try out!

Wednesday: Grilled Chicken with Organic Mac and Cheese and Carrots

Thursday: Chicken Pesto Tortellini with bread (a favorite from my OAM cooking friend!)

Yes, I know, we eat lots of chicken around here. Nathaniel is not a fan of red meat, so we stick with the chicken and pork most of the time. It doesn't make sense that he would not be interested in steaks and such, but he isn't. Chicken works for me...and my kids love it too!


Breakfasts this week will consist of Oatmeal, Yogurt, Waffles, or Eggs. Lunches will be leftovers, sandwiches (peanut butter and banana is a favorite for the kids!), or Fruit-Yogurt-Cheese. My kids love the fruit-yogurt-cheese combo! Today for lunch, they had the combo, and I enjoyed leftovers of a yummy Chicken and Orzo casserole...MMMM good!

So here is what I need from you. I am looking for some recipes with quinoa. Do any of you use it? What are some of your favorite quinoa recipes? I have been really wanting to prepare some for my family, but I am just not quite sure where to start! Can you help a girl out?

That's your mission for today...quinoa recipes! Hurry, and report back here ASAP! :)
posted by Anne, 12:23 PM

2 Comments:

I have a great recipe for taboulie that uses quinoa!
Blogger Kellye, at 1:11 PM  
I cook quinoa in chicken broth. It is so yummy. I just use it like a side dish with chicken. I also sometimes put some curry in it to make it taste of indian food. yummy...
Blogger Tammy M., at 10:23 PM  

Add a comment