Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
A Couple of Funnies...
Sunday, January 06, 2008
It has been a little while since I have shared some funny stories about the kids, so I thought I would share some today! It will be a nice break from the heavier posts I have had.
Natalie, having the FULL head of hair that she has, always screams when I am brushing her hair. I did it when I was little, and now she is following suit. Drama, drama, drama. Anyway, the other day I was brushing through Levi's hair after a bath and he yells, "Owww!", "Owww!" It was hilarious! Apparently, since Natalie screams, he thinks that is what you are supposed to do when mommy is brushing your hair. That guy is so funny!
************************************************
Today at the lunch table, this was the conversation:
Natalie: Mommy, when I grow up I want to be a mommy and work where you work.
Me: Great. Where do I work?
Natalie: You know Mommy, DFK.
Me: Oh yeah. That is a good idea.
Natalie: I need to learn how to work there so that when you die, I can work for you.
Hmmmm...interesting!
***********************************************
I also wanted to check in with everyone on their life changes/resolutions. How are they going for you? Are you still determined?
As for me, things are going well. I have had some successes already, and I cannot tell you how good it feels to have made a commitment with myself, and to be sticking to it! It's going great in 2008!
Natalie, having the FULL head of hair that she has, always screams when I am brushing her hair. I did it when I was little, and now she is following suit. Drama, drama, drama. Anyway, the other day I was brushing through Levi's hair after a bath and he yells, "Owww!", "Owww!" It was hilarious! Apparently, since Natalie screams, he thinks that is what you are supposed to do when mommy is brushing your hair. That guy is so funny!
************************************************
Today at the lunch table, this was the conversation:
Natalie: Mommy, when I grow up I want to be a mommy and work where you work.
Me: Great. Where do I work?
Natalie: You know Mommy, DFK.
Me: Oh yeah. That is a good idea.
Natalie: I need to learn how to work there so that when you die, I can work for you.
Hmmmm...interesting!
***********************************************
I also wanted to check in with everyone on their life changes/resolutions. How are they going for you? Are you still determined?
As for me, things are going well. I have had some successes already, and I cannot tell you how good it feels to have made a commitment with myself, and to be sticking to it! It's going great in 2008!
6 Comments:
Glad to hear your doing well with your goals. I'm doing my best. I am reading my bible everyday, praying faithfully, reading 2 books at the same time and trying my best to be less STRESSED. I have already had some stress thrown at me like a 90 mph fast pitch. But I ducked. I'm trying to smile more and not even think about the things that are upsetting. What's the point in festering? I'm truly trying to let go of it and give it to God.
Your kiddos are adorable. Hmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with your fabulous parenting?
I Love you my Christian Sister. Thank you for all your inspiration.
Your kiddos are adorable. Hmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with your fabulous parenting?
I Love you my Christian Sister. Thank you for all your inspiration.
I'm doing good so far - started exercising again this morning - at 5:30! That made it easy to be up before the kids (a resolution) - plus I even had time to squeeze in a couple of Bible verses and a prayer. Now if I can just do it each and every day...
That Natalie! She reminds me SO much of Mary Alice at her age. Precious...and very precocious.
As for my resolutions... I have been furiously cleaning out the kids' closets, something that I like to do at this time every year. Otherwise, we'd be overrun with junk! I guess that is about as far as I've gotten towards being more organized, but I'm still working on it.
Josh and I are starting our Bible reading challenge to each other a little late this year. We actually start today. I just couldn't get my act together before then. Ask me again in a month or so. My friend and I should be starting our Bible study in the next week or so. So, I guess my resolutions are all getting started a little late, but... I am committed to making this year the best ever! Happy New Year Anne!
As for my resolutions... I have been furiously cleaning out the kids' closets, something that I like to do at this time every year. Otherwise, we'd be overrun with junk! I guess that is about as far as I've gotten towards being more organized, but I'm still working on it.
Josh and I are starting our Bible reading challenge to each other a little late this year. We actually start today. I just couldn't get my act together before then. Ask me again in a month or so. My friend and I should be starting our Bible study in the next week or so. So, I guess my resolutions are all getting started a little late, but... I am committed to making this year the best ever! Happy New Year Anne!
I just saw your "losing weight in 2008 blog." It sounds like you're doing awesome. I'm trying to walk everyday too. I'm not doing as well as you! I love the example you set for Natalie, b/c you're so right, we can send messages to our kids that we don't want to even when we don't mean to.
I definitely remember my mom trying on clothes and griping about how she looked (after 3 girls), etc. My freshman year in college, I got really obsessed with what I ate. I didn't throw up or not eat, I would just obsess about it. I counted calories and if I went over, I would get really down. I don't think I had a good body image. I think it was partly due to being at a huge college, the first time away from home. Part of it though was b/c I had watched my mom.
I definitely remember my mom trying on clothes and griping about how she looked (after 3 girls), etc. My freshman year in college, I got really obsessed with what I ate. I didn't throw up or not eat, I would just obsess about it. I counted calories and if I went over, I would get really down. I don't think I had a good body image. I think it was partly due to being at a huge college, the first time away from home. Part of it though was b/c I had watched my mom.
Riley used to do the SAME thing when I brushed his hair (Ashley had some kind of mess of curls)! Soooo funny, those little brothers!
Proud of you for making progress and keeping at your goals!! I am working towards mine -- and now that "real life" (basketball season, work, church responsibilities) is back, I am tempted to think "It will never get done" and give up. But I'm trying REAL hard to be patient with myself -- one item of junk at a time, right (yeah, like sitting here blogging is getting it done! :-)
Proud of you for making progress and keeping at your goals!! I am working towards mine -- and now that "real life" (basketball season, work, church responsibilities) is back, I am tempted to think "It will never get done" and give up. But I'm trying REAL hard to be patient with myself -- one item of junk at a time, right (yeah, like sitting here blogging is getting it done! :-)
Glad your goals for 2008 are successful so far! Keep it up... Love the story about the hair brushing. My girls whine all the time when I am brushing their hair, too. I wonder if it really hurts that bad or if it is just habit!
