Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Brrrr....
Friday, November 23, 2007
Thanksgiving has come and gone, but our thankfulness continues. We always celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas all together with Nathaniel's side of the family. It is the one day out of the entire year that the whole family is together, so we decided to make the most of it!
We always try to have some kind of craft for the grandchildren to do...something fun that will keep them busy while the rest of us work to get dinner on the table! This year, GrannyLu (Nathaniel's mom) had a great project for them! They all painted on bar soap, and it turned out very cute. Original works of art that can be placed next to the sink and enjoyed every day. (After the paint was dry, a thin layer of wax was painted over the tops to help the paint set. Then when you use the bar soap, you are using the soap from the bottom and the picture on top stays beautiful!) Here are a couple of photos of the kids working. All of them had fun making original artwork to take home!


Amazingly enough, though it was 85 degrees here only a couple of short days ago, we ended up having a White Thanksgiving/Christmas! The kids loved every minute! It began snowing in the morning, and continued all day, making for some great fun and some photo ops as well. Here are some pics of the grandkids enjoying the snow:



This morning we woke up to the beautiful layer of white fluff, and Natalie was overcome with the excitement that we would again go out to play in it. We donned our warm clothes, dressed in layers, boots, hats, and gloves, and away we went! The snow was perfect for building snowmen, and so that is exactly what we did. We were able to build two, and then we took these great pictures of the kids with them. As you can see, Levi insisted that he bring his lawn chair out and sit with the snowmen for his pictures...too cute!


The fun outside ended with a snowball fight between Nathaniel and Natalie. It is a game that is fun for everyone because there are no losers...only lots of cold people laughing away!



I hope you all had a great day...I know that for many, the holidays are a difficult time of year. I always miss my kids, but there is something about the holidays that is especially painful. I can envision our family having a snowball fight, but I can see two more little smiles in the mix. I am thankful for so much, and that list includes Carson and Hope. I am thankful that I knew them. I am thankful that we will be together again someday, and I am thankful for the ways those two kids made me better.
Let's not let the thankfulness end...after all, the Veggie Tales sing it so well..."A thankful heart is a happy heart"!
We always try to have some kind of craft for the grandchildren to do...something fun that will keep them busy while the rest of us work to get dinner on the table! This year, GrannyLu (Nathaniel's mom) had a great project for them! They all painted on bar soap, and it turned out very cute. Original works of art that can be placed next to the sink and enjoyed every day. (After the paint was dry, a thin layer of wax was painted over the tops to help the paint set. Then when you use the bar soap, you are using the soap from the bottom and the picture on top stays beautiful!) Here are a couple of photos of the kids working. All of them had fun making original artwork to take home!
Amazingly enough, though it was 85 degrees here only a couple of short days ago, we ended up having a White Thanksgiving/Christmas! The kids loved every minute! It began snowing in the morning, and continued all day, making for some great fun and some photo ops as well. Here are some pics of the grandkids enjoying the snow:
The snow had just begun to fall...
Uncle Paw (aka Nathaniel's brother Ernest) was shaking the trees so the snow would fall all around the kids. They thought this was great fun!
This morning we woke up to the beautiful layer of white fluff, and Natalie was overcome with the excitement that we would again go out to play in it. We donned our warm clothes, dressed in layers, boots, hats, and gloves, and away we went! The snow was perfect for building snowmen, and so that is exactly what we did. We were able to build two, and then we took these great pictures of the kids with them. As you can see, Levi insisted that he bring his lawn chair out and sit with the snowmen for his pictures...too cute!
Natalie and Mommy with our big snow buddy!
Levi with his lawn chair!
The fun outside ended with a snowball fight between Nathaniel and Natalie. It is a game that is fun for everyone because there are no losers...only lots of cold people laughing away!
I hope you all had a great day...I know that for many, the holidays are a difficult time of year. I always miss my kids, but there is something about the holidays that is especially painful. I can envision our family having a snowball fight, but I can see two more little smiles in the mix. I am thankful for so much, and that list includes Carson and Hope. I am thankful that I knew them. I am thankful that we will be together again someday, and I am thankful for the ways those two kids made me better.
Let's not let the thankfulness end...after all, the Veggie Tales sing it so well..."A thankful heart is a happy heart"!
5 Comments:
Well, now I have to finish that song -- one of my all-time favorites: "I'm glad for what i have, that's an easy way to start. For my mom, and my dad, and my piece of apple pie; that's why we say 'thanks' every day!"
THANK YOU for posting pics! We're not in town and I wanted to see if it snowed as much as we had heard. Last I heard was the weatherman on Tuesday, "We may get some snow, but it's just been so warm here, it won't stick at all." Bless him.
THANK YOU for posting pics! We're not in town and I wanted to see if it snowed as much as we had heard. Last I heard was the weatherman on Tuesday, "We may get some snow, but it's just been so warm here, it won't stick at all." Bless him.
What a wonderful & joyful ride you're family time took me on! So good to see you truly enjoy the snow and each other.
Great pics and what great family. It looks like Levi enjoyed the snow much more than our Mattie did.
What blessed memories your children will have of snow ball fights with Mom and Dad.
What blessed memories your children will have of snow ball fights with Mom and Dad.
So precious! I'm very impressed with how tall your snowman is. There must have been more snow on Thanksgiving than yesterday.
Also - how did your sis in law like her frame?
Also - how did your sis in law like her frame?
WOW! Love the craft idea! I know the snow on Thanksgiving was so fun...just another thing to be grateful for this holiday season.
