Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
I think Satan reads my blog
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
***Edited at the bottom of the post***
So just yesterday, as you can see below, I wrote an entire post about how I was going to let it go. I was going to really try to stop the worrying, the obsessing about things.
After today, I have decided that Satan reads my blog!
No, really, y'all!
He hated that I said I was going to seek happiness and holiness. It enraged him that I was going to lay down the burdens, and not stress about all of the 'little things'.
So, today, he came for a visit.
Levi has a TERRIBLE diaper rash caused by a little stomach bug. One doctor visit and two medications later we are home with a tired, fussy little boy. Natalie was up late last night which meant she was super tired today...so tired I put her down for a nap, which is something I rarely do. In the car, on the way to the doctor, Natalie has a terrible nosebleed! I was going to catch up on laundry today, so of course, Satan broke my washing machine! It seems it has been one 'little thing' after another. And then there's the 'biggie' that I never made it into His Word today...
But, guess what? I choose peace! I choose happiness! I choose holiness!
And I know that makes Satan really angry, but I am doing it anyway. After all, I'm giving up worrying about what others think of me, right!?
So tonight, as I lay my head on my pillow, I will choose peace! Tomorrow is a new day, and His mercies are new every morning! I love Jesus! What about you?
***Edited to add: My handyman husband has fixed the washing machine! Yee-Haw! Natalie's nose is fine and dandy! Levi woke up this morning feeling great...the diaper rash is getting MUCH better, which means the cause of it is too :) He seems to be feeling normal again! Yippee!
So just yesterday, as you can see below, I wrote an entire post about how I was going to let it go. I was going to really try to stop the worrying, the obsessing about things.
After today, I have decided that Satan reads my blog!
No, really, y'all!
He hated that I said I was going to seek happiness and holiness. It enraged him that I was going to lay down the burdens, and not stress about all of the 'little things'.
So, today, he came for a visit.
Levi has a TERRIBLE diaper rash caused by a little stomach bug. One doctor visit and two medications later we are home with a tired, fussy little boy. Natalie was up late last night which meant she was super tired today...so tired I put her down for a nap, which is something I rarely do. In the car, on the way to the doctor, Natalie has a terrible nosebleed! I was going to catch up on laundry today, so of course, Satan broke my washing machine! It seems it has been one 'little thing' after another. And then there's the 'biggie' that I never made it into His Word today...
But, guess what? I choose peace! I choose happiness! I choose holiness!
And I know that makes Satan really angry, but I am doing it anyway. After all, I'm giving up worrying about what others think of me, right!?
So tonight, as I lay my head on my pillow, I will choose peace! Tomorrow is a new day, and His mercies are new every morning! I love Jesus! What about you?
***Edited to add: My handyman husband has fixed the washing machine! Yee-Haw! Natalie's nose is fine and dandy! Levi woke up this morning feeling great...the diaper rash is getting MUCH better, which means the cause of it is too :) He seems to be feeling normal again! Yippee!
5 Comments:
When the words have no sooner left my mouth than I am challenged by it, I have to think of the first two chapters of Job: yeah, it may come from Satan, but the Lord is standing right there saying, "You go ahead and try with my servant, Anne -- she won't give up." The Lord knows it's happening -- and He's rooting for us! I'm rooting for you, too. CHOOSE PEACE! (like Seinfeld: SERENITY NOW!!!!)
And broken washing machines -- BLECH. But I know a guy...! :-) You KNOW I know a guy for all of it!
And broken washing machines -- BLECH. But I know a guy...! :-) You KNOW I know a guy for all of it!
I am amused and inspired by your writings. I have repeated the "I choose peace" phrase several times since I heard it on Sunday. I feel like I experience Satan trying to use "little things" to break me just when I felt a renewal and had made a new commitment. I am sorry to hear Levi is sick, and that the washing machine is broke - I will be chanting "I choose peace" with you.
Thanks for reminding us all to choose peace. And way to go standing firm in that choice! Satan CAN NOT win when you choose God!
, at 7:46 AM
Hang in there girl! There will be days like this, but as long as we keep looking up... Our Lord will give us the strength that we need. I cannot quit thinking about your wonderful blog on peace. I have reminded myself of peace so much this week. Thanks for the encouragement. Hope the kiddos and the washer get better! Keep thinking of peace and joy and love and working toward these things and Satan will never win! Love ya...
I felt the same way the day after I wrote my thoughts about peace....not as well stated as yours but no sooner than I said that, was when I found out I was eating sunflower seeds that had just been sprayed with poison. Now....how do you choose peace with a mouthful of poison? Then Makaley begin to feel terrible. I chose peace ran through my mind..over and over. I am still alive!!!! and peaceful. I am glad to be your friend!

