Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
The Frame
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
In our home, we have lots of pictures. Pictures from the day Nathaniel and I vowed to God we would love each other forever. Pictures of Natalie as she has grown from a tiny baby, to a talkative four-year-old. Pictures of Levi...an adorable son sent from Heaven. And a picture of Carson, our firstborn son. It is one of the few pictures I have of that precious boy...in the hospital, wrapped in a tiny blanket covered in pastel hearts. He has on a hand-knit cap...the tiniest one I have ever seen, and in his arms, he holds a teddy bear.
I had the picture for a few months, and had been looking for the perfect frame for it. I knew in my heart that his picture should be upon the shelves among the photos of Natalie and eventually Levi. I knew in my heart that I wanted it there, where I could see him and remember. One day, while wandering around a bookstore, I happened upon a small shelf of frames, and there sat the perfect one. Silver, with a poem engraved on it, and at the top, a small cast of a mother and infant.
The poem reads like this:
I had the picture for a few months, and had been looking for the perfect frame for it. I knew in my heart that his picture should be upon the shelves among the photos of Natalie and eventually Levi. I knew in my heart that I wanted it there, where I could see him and remember. One day, while wandering around a bookstore, I happened upon a small shelf of frames, and there sat the perfect one. Silver, with a poem engraved on it, and at the top, a small cast of a mother and infant.
The poem reads like this:
Little I knew this morning,
God was calling your name,
in life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone,
for part of me went with you,
the day God called you home.
You left us beautiful memories,
your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you,
you are always by our side.
Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.
Little I knew that morning,
God was going to call your name,
in life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone,
for part of me went with you,
the day God called you home.
You left us beautiful memories,
your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you,
you are always by our side.
--Author Unknown--
God was calling your name,
in life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone,
for part of me went with you,
the day God called you home.
You left us beautiful memories,
your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you,
you are always by our side.
Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.
Little I knew that morning,
God was going to call your name,
in life we loved you dearly,
in death we do the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
you did not go alone,
for part of me went with you,
the day God called you home.
You left us beautiful memories,
your love is still our guide,
and though we cannot see you,
you are always by our side.
--Author Unknown--
I love this frame and the message it gives. But even more than that, I love the precious little boy whose picture is displayed within. And though I miss him every single day, I live a life full of hope, for I know that one day soon, God will call me home and I can rock him in my arms again!
6 Comments:
Thanks for sharing your heart!
, at 12:57 PM
That is THE PERFECT frame.
Love you
Love you
, at 4:08 PM
Carson continues to touch lives through your faith. Love that poem...
That is the PERFECT frame! Thank you for always being open and honest with your feeling...
Awesome.
You know I'm gonna want to hold him, too!!!!

