Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
I think I have done something right!
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Parenting. It's so hard. It's so rewarding. I can't remember life before my children...not much anyway. It seems that though life is busy, and there is always a nose to be wiped, things are good. Every day I struggle with the question...am I doing a good job? Am I being a good mother? Am I setting a good example?
Every day I know that I have failed, and have made some mistakes, but I also know that my kids love me anyway. When I feel the love they have for me, it reminds me of the pure love that Jesus has for me...loving me "neither matter what"!
There are times when Natalie will say something, do something, or react to something, and I can see myself in her. Sometimes it is good, and other times, not so much. Today I was talking to Nathaniel and I said something to the effect of "fat people not being included", to which my adorable daughter said, "Mommy, what does fat mean?"
I could have burst into the Hallelujah Chorus at that moment. I have always tried to be very intentional about not mentioning words like "fat", or "diet" in front of her. She doesn't need to hear those things right now, and I know she will learn them soon enough. But to hear her sweet voice not knowing what the word meant...well, that said I have done something right, I think. She just thinks people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. She has no idea that being bigger or smaller is good or bad. We are all just as God made us!
Lord, thank you for my sweet girl! She is a blessing straight from you!
Every day I know that I have failed, and have made some mistakes, but I also know that my kids love me anyway. When I feel the love they have for me, it reminds me of the pure love that Jesus has for me...loving me "neither matter what"!
There are times when Natalie will say something, do something, or react to something, and I can see myself in her. Sometimes it is good, and other times, not so much. Today I was talking to Nathaniel and I said something to the effect of "fat people not being included", to which my adorable daughter said, "Mommy, what does fat mean?"
I could have burst into the Hallelujah Chorus at that moment. I have always tried to be very intentional about not mentioning words like "fat", or "diet" in front of her. She doesn't need to hear those things right now, and I know she will learn them soon enough. But to hear her sweet voice not knowing what the word meant...well, that said I have done something right, I think. She just thinks people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. She has no idea that being bigger or smaller is good or bad. We are all just as God made us!
Lord, thank you for my sweet girl! She is a blessing straight from you!
2 Comments:
I love your description of the rewards and struggles of parenting. I have the same thoughts.
, at 9:16 PM

