Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Enough
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
This last Sunday, Natalie came home from church with the change can for collecting change that helps adoptive families. Today, she noticed the can and began asking questions...in true Natalie fashion. What was the money for? Who would get the money? Then came : "Mommy, what is adoption?"
As I tried to explain it to her, I used our family as an example. If we had a baby that did not come out of my tummy, we would love it as our very own. That the baby would be one of our children just like she and Levi were our children...a present from God. She thought about it for a minute, and then replied, "But Mommy, I think we have enough. I don't think we need any more kids. Are we going to get another kid?" I told her I didn't think we were planning anything right now, but that we never know what God has planned for our family. She thought that was great!
I guess sharing a room, toys, and mommy and daddy with her little brother is all of the sharing she cares to do right now! She did say later that she was really happy that we could use our money to make God happy and share it with other babies so they could have happy families! She has such a sweet heart...and I hope she continues to have the giving spirit.
God is so incredibly good...all the time!
As I tried to explain it to her, I used our family as an example. If we had a baby that did not come out of my tummy, we would love it as our very own. That the baby would be one of our children just like she and Levi were our children...a present from God. She thought about it for a minute, and then replied, "But Mommy, I think we have enough. I don't think we need any more kids. Are we going to get another kid?" I told her I didn't think we were planning anything right now, but that we never know what God has planned for our family. She thought that was great!
I guess sharing a room, toys, and mommy and daddy with her little brother is all of the sharing she cares to do right now! She did say later that she was really happy that we could use our money to make God happy and share it with other babies so they could have happy families! She has such a sweet heart...and I hope she continues to have the giving spirit.
God is so incredibly good...all the time!
2 Comments:
Riley has always wanted a baby brother or sister. Ashley, as much as she LOVES babies, has not. She still remembers all too well!
God is SO Good! I think He blesses us with our children to help us slow down and remember the important things in life like blessings of children and of those willing to adopt the needy children. Love reading your posts! Take Care...
