Everything Under the Son
Because JESUS is my everything
Growing Up
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Tonight, as I was talking with my four-year-old Natalie on the couch, I expressed to her that I thought she was growing up too fast. She looked at me a bit confused, and then anwered, "No Mommy, I'm not growing fast. I'm growing really slow. See?"
I told her I hoped she would never grow up and move away, and while I know this is not truth, there are moments when I think I could just keep her right where she is forever. I do know that my job as her mommy is to help her grow her own set of wings. To help her learn to love the Lord, and to follow Him with indescribable faithfulness! To prepare her for a life...her life. Anyway...as we were talking, I suggested that she stay little and live with me and daddy forever; and this is where it gets good...
She looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, "No Mommy. I am going to grow up and get married someday, but I will have to find just the right person to marry." Then, "I will need just the right person because I will only get married once, and we will be together forever and ever!"
As I pray for her future, and the man she will someday marry, I pray he is learning that marriage is sacred...a once-in-a-lifetime commitment. A vow, not only to each other, but to God. I pray that they both grow to understand that while there will be hard days in marriage, and sometimes even hard seasons, or hard years, that their commitment to each other will hold true and strong. That God's plan for marriage is worth fighting for, because God is worth fighting for...Amen!
I told her I hoped she would never grow up and move away, and while I know this is not truth, there are moments when I think I could just keep her right where she is forever. I do know that my job as her mommy is to help her grow her own set of wings. To help her learn to love the Lord, and to follow Him with indescribable faithfulness! To prepare her for a life...her life. Anyway...as we were talking, I suggested that she stay little and live with me and daddy forever; and this is where it gets good...
She looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, "No Mommy. I am going to grow up and get married someday, but I will have to find just the right person to marry." Then, "I will need just the right person because I will only get married once, and we will be together forever and ever!"
As I pray for her future, and the man she will someday marry, I pray he is learning that marriage is sacred...a once-in-a-lifetime commitment. A vow, not only to each other, but to God. I pray that they both grow to understand that while there will be hard days in marriage, and sometimes even hard seasons, or hard years, that their commitment to each other will hold true and strong. That God's plan for marriage is worth fighting for, because God is worth fighting for...Amen!
5 Comments:
Be praying for that boy's mommy and daddy that God may lead them as they raise him, as well!! Yay! for Natalie for catching on!
Very Sweet. Rob and I come from divorced families, and because of that there is some remarriage as well as single and divorced examples for our kids to see, and several years ago, Jack asked me who I was going to marry after daddy. I told him that daddy and I would stay married for ever, he argued with me for a couple of minutes because of the examples he had seen, but finally I convinced him, there will be no second husband.
That is so sweet! I pray we all set those good examples in our lives and speech. That it's a commitment to God.....
Anne, I love to read your posts! You write so beautifully about Christ and His love. I pray as well for my girls and their future husbands. Don't worry, there are also mommy's of the "boy pool" out there praying, too! Maybe my Case should be properly introduced to your Natalie! He won't be four until August, but hey, nothings wrong with a younger man!:)
I, too, pray for the husbands to be of my little girls! That they will be Godly men who will care for them as Christ loved His Church. You have such a way with words. Cant wait to see all our kids at ACU together!!!! I am with Amy on the arranged marriage thing.... Kooper and Abbey are set... Emiley and Denver are set.... now to find the extra special one for extra special LAINEY!
