Everything Under the Son

Because JESUS is my everything

The Eleventh Commandment

Friday, February 23, 2007


Natalie thinks my dear friend Sarah is the greatest. Wednesday night at church, Sarah made Natalie's day by giving her a piece of gum (this is their little tradition!). Thursday, as we were on our way to school, for a good ten minutes this was how her conversation went: "Mommy, Mrs Sarah has GOT to talk to her children. She is going to tell them to quit taking her gum because she just HAS to have some for me. She loves me so much, and she gives me gum. Her children need to listen to her and not take her gum. She thinks I am special and wants the gum to be for me. Isn't that great mommy? Did you know Mrs Sarah loves me alot and likes to give me some of her gum if her children don't eat it all? They need to stay away from her purse so she has gum to give me because she loves me so much!"...and on and on. So Sarah, know that Natalie feels incredibly loved by you, and she thinks that A and R need to be talked to!






So then, this morning we were talking and I was asking Natalie to tell me the story of Daniel in the Lions Den. They have been studying this in her Bible class at church, and she can give even the tiniest details as she re-tells the story! Anyway, she told me she was "not in the mood" to tell me the story right now, but that she would gladly read me this book about "the other commandment". I looked up to see her holding the story of "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed". She proceeded to tell me how this was one of God's commandments, didn't I know that?





Who knew that not jumping on the bed would, to a three year old, seem like the perfect eleventh commandment?
posted by Anne, 10:45 AM

5 Comments:

And the 12th Commandment: Thou shalt not steal Natalie's gum out of Mom's purse!!

She is absolutely right! Those big kids just dig in and take SEVERAL pieces of Natalie's gum leaving me in a very awkward position when I am attempting to bribe her/ share with her! :-) Which reminds me, I really do have to pick up some more gum!
Blogger Sarah, at 11:28 AM  
I think the funniest part about the whole gum thing, is that Natalie has been known to just walk up and ask Mrs. Sarah for gum. Being the good parents that we are, we are teaching her that it is rude to ask for such things. Being the obedient, compliant child that she is, she has found a loop-hole:

Natalie: "Mrs. Sarah, where did you get your gum?"

Sarah: (knowing exactly what Natalie is getting at) "Would you like a piece?"

Minutes later...

Natalie: "Daddy, Mrs. Sarah gave me a piece of gum, but I didn't ask her for it!"
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  
Hey, Anne! Glad to see a funny post once again! I love this age! Isn't she 3? You can read all kinds of 3 year old Case stories over at my place. Just wanted to say Hi!
Blogger Amy, at 12:03 PM  
Oh... the things I kids say and do! They are so much fun...Our Ms. Emiley also begs gum out of an older man at church. He now comes to church with gum in his hand so that she can guess which hand the gum is in as soon as she seems him. These are memories and relationshiips in the church that are so precious to have. Love you all!
Blogger Shelley, at 12:52 PM  
I am missing your funny, sweet stories. Hope you and the familey are doing OK. Amy and I are coming to Abilene next week for a few days. Maybe we can meet up at the zoo!!!
Blogger Shelley, at 1:02 PM  

Add a comment